Pokemon Brown is a classic hack that takes place in the region if Rijon. It has been refurbished after five years of it’s original release. Not only is it improved with less spelling errors and errors altogether, but it has new areas, new music, new challenges, new twists, and of course, about 70 new Pokemon.
How to Patch IPS files. – Click There
– If you have a save file from the original brown, you can continue where you started off. However, due to memory shifting, your current progress in the Pokedex will be different. This was kind of unavoidable. If you want me to change your Pokedex back to normal, please upload your .sav file to sendspace.com and then PM me the link. I’ll send it back to you with your Pokedex back to normal
- Pokedex won’t update “own” when traded. This will be fixed in the future, and when it does, to add your traded Pokemon to the Pokedex, simply trade back and forth.
- There are a few minor glitches, such as the bottom right tile of some Pokemon missing.
- Pictures may be glitchy if you simply go to the Pokemon menu during battle and exit it.
- Some emulators have weird lines through the Pokemon pics.
- You can’t hop over the ledges in Johto
- You can go through cycling road’s check line like in Red. I don’t think I can fix this
- If there’s any other glitches, please PM me (don’t reply to the thread pointing them out please), and I can most likely fix them up fast.
- Ten cities in the region of Rijon, one in Johto, and over 20 routes to explore.
- Pokedex is now up to 220
- Over 40 new moves
- TM set has been changed a bit
- Seven new types that weren’t in Red
- A wide range of characters.
- A few new music track, including tunes from Johto
- New Pokemon will be compatible for trade with the second generation games and Prism once a special patch is applied.
- A quest after you beat the Rijon League
- And much more!
MeanMrMustard – Getting rid of the Pokemon picture compression, and making a few new music tracks.
Hiroshi Sotomura – Helped me beta test and tossed around his suggestions and ideas as well.
Elucid and Darksliver: For being awesome hackers and showing me what you can do with a hack if you truly care about it.
You: That’s right, I’m talking directly to YOU. You for simply playing the hack and enjoying it